No Data found...
One of the best ways to keep up with the latest happenings at Sullivan
Construction is to stay in touch with our blog. Here, you'll find news and
tidbits of information that may interest you or help you in your business.
And please feel free to leave your own comments. We appreciate your input.
Greener Product LLC has developed the world's first online platform that creates a vast marketplace for the analysis of sustainable and healthy building products. This one-stop resource is used by thousands of dedicated green professionals to research enviromentally preferable building materials and to study vital information on how to use advanced building design to build green more effectively. Please click here to view their website.
Greenbuild International Conference and Expo --USGBC 2011 Call for Proposals
What does it take to write a winning Greenbuild or Government Summit session proposal? USGBC's conferences are recongnized for leading the industry, they are looking to fill Green build's approximately 100 education sessions and the Government Summit program with the very best, most innovative educational content.
For more information about the USGBC proposal process click here.
Jeremy Benkin, LEED AP, at CB Richard Ellis chairs the Program Working Group for USGBC (a volunteer position). He recently spoke with CONNECT, a newsletter that supports a sustainability events database, developed by the Green Earth PR Network, and we thought his tips were worth sharing.
The TOP 10 Most-Read Articles of 2010
1. The Formidable Challenge of Building Energy Performance Benchmarking: Benchmarking the energy consumption of a building against that of "comparable" buildings to produce a rating which can then be viewed by third parties is now mandatory in a number of jurisdictions across the US and spreading click here to read full article by Anthony J. Buoniocore, P. E.
2. 7 Trends that will shape the future of green building: Green building seems to be here to stay, but what lies on the road...Click here to read full article by The Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce.
3. Don't LEED Us Astray: TODAY Al Gore is expected to join some of the city's top developers and bankers for the grand opening ...click here to read full article by The New York Times.
4. DOE Unveils Net-Zero 220,000 Square Foot Office Space:
It's and engineer's Dream: A 220,000 square-foot office space designed...click here to read full article by Solve Climate.
5. 10 Tips for Operating Buildings more Efficiently: Here are 10 ways to make your buildings operate more efficiently ...click here to read full article by GreenBiz.
6. Six Key Lessons on Green and Energy Efficiency Retrofits: While the real estate economy faltered between late 2008 and early...click here to read full article by GreenerBuildings.
7. Audit Finds Vulnerability of EnergyStar Program: WASHINGTON, DC - Does a "gasoline-powered alarm clock " qualify for the...click here to read full article by The New York Times.
8. Starbucks Moves Ahead with 'Green' Strategy despite Cost: As the U. S. Department of Energy (DOE) releases an energy-savings guide...click here to read more by the Environmental Leader.
9. Syracuse University Opens One of the World's Greenest Data Centers: IBM (NYSE:IBM) and Syracuse University recently opened a new Green Data Center (GDC) ...click here to read full article in EnergyBoom.
10. DOE Proposes New Green Standards for Federal Buildings: The U.S. Department of Energy proposed standards Friday that would...click here to read from Sustainable Business.com.
We believe in green, we are committed to green/sustainable construction and energy modeling for all of our projects provided it meets with our owners financial commitment. The results are in for our LEED Platinum USGBC Certification from the Jordan Institute, our accredited professional LEED AP; providing green/LEED consulting services during our project. Click on the links below to read more about our achievements.
Green buildings may make employees feel better
Is where you work making you sick? A new study finds that employees who move from buildings with poor indoor environmental quality to more healthful "green" buildings may reap some benefits, including less absenteeism and higher productivity.
The green building movement isn't just concerned with constructing buildings that are more energy efficient and environmentally responsible -- they're supposed to improve indoor surroundings as well, making it more healthful and pleasant for those who work there, via lighting, ventilation, acoustics and ergonomic design.
Click here to read the full article published in the Los Angeles Times.
Geothermal Heating and Cooling
Here at SCI, we are committed to educating the public, our clients and prospects on sustainable constuction technology and tools to make better projects, more affordable at construction and with ongoing operating savings. Click here to view a recent presentation that we attended, given by Mark A. Stull and Thomas Johnson on Geothermal Heating and Cooling.
Green Building Research Institute
Green Buildings have gained much popularity in the last decade, especially with the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System from the United States Green Building Council (USGBC). There are literally thousands of trained professionals and firms out there hoping to asist you in achieving your sustainability dreams. But there are also many people and orgaizations that lack the credentials, experience and credibility required to successfully accomplish this. Our research will help you separate the legitimate products, professionals and services from all the "green washing" that's taking place today. This research will consider not only LEED projects but also Energy Star, Green Globes and others. The data from the research will also give an opportunity for green entrepreneurs (products and services) to broaden their reach. Please click here to read more...
Green Building Insider
It will be interesting to see what influence the U.S. General Services Administration's first "chief greening officer" will have on the larger green building community. Eleni Reed, former director of sustainablility strategies for Cushman and Wakefield's Client Solutions Group, recently was selected to take the position and help the agency "lead by example in greening and modernizing the nation's infrastructure," complying with a presidential directive. Will the new chief greening officer inspire the private sector to work toward a "zero environmental footprint" for its buildings, just as GSA intends to do for the roughly 9,600 buildings it owns and leases? Will other countries reciprocate by creating comparable positions within their governments? More details about Reed's selection are included in this edition of Green Building Insider.
Sullivan team participates in "Building on Hope" project.
On May 16th five boys returned in grand style to their newly remodeled Manchester, New Hampshire home. The sunny Sunday fit the festive mood as the boys piled out of a donated limousine to the gathered crowd...
How Green is your label?
Some identify products that may be good for your health or help save the environment, but only one focuses on saving you money.
The Boston Market after Recovery from " The Great Recession"
The New Hampshire Senate keeps PACE!
Did you know? On May 12, 2010, the NH Legislative body passed HB 1554 AKA The “PACE Bill”, an acronym for Property Assessed Clean Energy. Click here to view a PDF of the Bill
The bill is another resource for our communities to directly lend its residents and businesses money to improve the energy efficiency of its buildings. It is paid back from the positive impact cash flow savings achieved from the investment in renewable energy improvements.
At Sullivan, we strongly favor Public/Private partnership and welcome this Bill as another resource for our client’s consideration in their project planning. Feel free to contact us at to discuss how we may assist you in arranging for funds from the PACE Bill.